Emergency Vehicle Technician
Arvada Fire has an immediate opening for an Emergency Vehicle Technician. This is a full time, FLSA non-exempt, position. The Emergency Vehicle Technician performs maintenance and repair of automotive, firefighting apparatus and ambulance equipment.
Arvada Fire Protection District
Attn: Human Resources
7903 Allison Way
Arvada, CO 80005
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 30, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled the week of February 13th.
Competitive Salary and benefits package include:
- Annual salary $67,042 – $83,803 depending upon qualifications
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- 401 and 457 retirement plans
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Life and disability insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid State of Colorado driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Minimum of two (2) years documented work experience of automotive or diesel repair that includes repair and maintenance of emergency vehicles (fire apparatus and ambulance).
- Possess a Fire Apparatus Technician EVT Level 1 certification – or obtain within one (1) year of hire
- Possess Ambulance EVT Level 1 Certification certification – or obtain within one (1) year of hire
- Must be able to drive fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles in order to test drive for diagnosis after repairs or to deliver and pick-up equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess hand tools adequate to perform required tasks
- See job description for a complete list of qualifications
- Possess a Fire Apparatus Technician EVT Level 2 and/or Ambulance EVT Level 2 Certification.
- Steel and aluminum welding and fabrication skills
- Training and experience with Cummins, Detroit, and Caterpillar diesel engines Graduate of an accredited automotive and/or diesel technical or vocational program